Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What a great day

This morning I woke up in such a good mood. For some reason I'm really looking forward to today. The sun is shining, it's not too hot, so far, and everything seems bright and rosy.

I have a list of thngs that I want go get done today and all of them sound interesting to me. I'll fringe the Griffindor scarf and take a picture of it for the blog, then I'll start the beanie. The book I'm using is "Charmed Knits" and it is loaded with great patterns for Harry Potter fans.

I also plan to finish the left front of my cardigan that I spoke of yesterday.

Another thing that makes me so happy is watching people come into the knitting community wanting to learn to knit. Some start out all thumbs. They drop stitches or add stitches and not realize what they have done. After swearing to quit, that knitting is just not for them, they finally complete a project, and then the transformation takes place. They are hooked.

I have one such customer. She was so tentative at first, but now she is knitting herself a sweater and it is coming along nicely. Not only is she a customer, but she has become a good friend as well. I always enjoy having her in the shop. Sitting and knitting and sharing the ups and downs in our lives is what it's all about. How could I be any luckier.

Yes indeed, this is a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.