Monday, June 11, 2007

It's Monday

It's Monday and the shop is closed, so where will I be today? At the shop of course. This is Beth's and my chance to get some things done at the shop that we can't do when it's open. Such is the life of a yarn shop owner. I love being at the store so this is not a bad thing.

I finished knitting the Griffindor scarf. All I have to do now is fringe it, block it and I'm done. Today I hope to get to work on my cardigan sweater. This is a project that five of us are working on. We found a sweater that we all loved and decided that we would each knit one. Even though we are knitting the same sweater, we each selected different yarns.

My sweater is being knit with Cascade's Butterfly. It's a variegated yarn in shades of lavender, blues and greens. Butterfly is a worsted weight yarn and it's going to be a nice warm sweater come winter that will go well with a number of different outfits.

Finishing a project is always exciting because as I'm nearing completion, my mind starts spinning over what I will start next. I have enough yarn let over from the scarf to make the Griffindor beanie, so that will be next on the docket.

No comments: