Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Who Has Time to Blog?

It's true. It's hard to find time to blog when I have been spending so much time tinking, er I mean "practicing". If I had been practicing the piano instead, I would be able to play "Flight of the Bumblebee" by now.

My progress has been slowed by a new approach that I'm taking to this mystery stole. When I finish a knit row (you know, the one with all the SSK, K2tog and the hateful YO), I stop and count each stitch. If I somehow don't end up with 99 stitches, I only have one row to take out, rather than three or more. So far, this plan is working. My biggest fear is that this stole will somehow expand to several hundred stitches.

I have been working in a little time for my cardigan. I'm about halfway through the fist sleeve. Normally, I would knit both sleeves at the same time, but I'm on my last ball of yarn and I don't want to buy another it I don't have to. Yes, even as a shop owner, I have to buy my yarn.

Yesterday, we received the needle pouches for Stitch N Pitch night. They are very nice and I was impressed with the quality of them. Speaking of which, we still have a few tickets left if you would like to join us. The game is July 26 at 7:00 pm and the tickets are only $12.00. Call the shop if you are interested.

No comments: