Friday, July 13, 2007

Feeling Just a Little Incompetent

Some days a person just feels like they can't seem to do anything right. The computer wouldn't let me log on again (I got here accidently), I think I need three hands to operate my new spinning wheel and I have decided that when it comes to my lace knitting I will no longer be "tinking", I will be "practicing".

Do you have any idea how much "practicing I have done on that lace stole? Just when all is going well - BAM!!! - another mistake.

I am getting pretty good at adding beads though.

That spinning wheel is a very humbling experience. It's like patting your tummy and rubbing your head at the same time and that's while you are standing on one foot. But, as my Mom always said, practice makes perfect. So far with all the practice I've done, I'm getting really good at hooking the yarn through the thingamagig. Mayde for my next lesson I'll learn what that hole is called.

We're not even going to discuss the computer.

What's the good news? We had our 98 degree day. With any luck, that means summer is over. 98 is entirely too hot for Seattle.

My sweater is complete except for the sleeves and if I don't have too much "practicing" to do on the mystery stole, I hope to finish up the sleeves this week.

Well my friends, it's back to the stole. Clue 3 came in this morning and Beth just showed me that someone already has Clue 3 done. I don't think that person is getting enough "practice". Do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie:
You and Beth are the reason I knit - knowing it is okay to make mistakes even if it means ripping out the project. I am so blessed to have found your shop - I find comfort at the Yarnstash - always new yarns and patterns, but most of all your shop is filled with love and laughter even when ripping out a project. Watching you and Beth gives me confidence that I can accomplish any project! Thanks you two are the best! Maggie